Jain threatens to file defamation suit against HLP
Shimla: BJP leader Satya Pal Jain on Monday threatened to file a defamation suit against Himachal Lokhit Party president Maheshwar Singh if he does not tender a public apology for his statement that the Dhumal government is giving "special treatment" to him in paying court fees.
Terming as baseless and preposterous the charges of the HLP leader, BJP legal cell convenor Jain said, "The HLP leaders have made the allegations without verifying the facts, and in case they fail to withdraw the charges within three days, I will have no other option but to initiate a legal action against them."
He said that not even a single penny had been charged extra by him and all the payments made to him by the Himachal Pradesh government had been accounted for and shown in the income tax returns.
Jain said that the fees paid by the Himachal government to him was much less as compared to the amount paid by the Punjab government and pointed out that the fees paid per hearing by Punjab was Rs 1.60 lakh besides other charges while the maximum fee paid by Himachal was Rs 1.00 lakh.
He asked the state government to give detailed information about the fees paid to lawyers engaged from outside the state to set the record straight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation