Jain threatens to file defamation suit against HLP
Shimla: BJP leader Satya Pal Jain on Monday threatened to file a defamation suit against Himachal Lokhit Party president Maheshwar Singh if he does not tender a public apology for his statement that the Dhumal government is giving "special treatment" to him in paying court fees.
Terming as baseless and preposterous the charges of the HLP leader, BJP legal cell convenor Jain said, "The HLP leaders have made the allegations without verifying the facts, and in case they fail to withdraw the charges within three days, I will have no other option but to initiate a legal action against them."
He said that not even a single penny had been charged extra by him and all the payments made to him by the Himachal Pradesh government had been accounted for and shown in the income tax returns.
Jain said that the fees paid by the Himachal government to him was much less as compared to the amount paid by the Punjab government and pointed out that the fees paid per hearing by Punjab was Rs 1.60 lakh besides other charges while the maximum fee paid by Himachal was Rs 1.00 lakh.
He asked the state government to give detailed information about the fees paid to lawyers engaged from outside the state to set the record straight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened