Jewellery stolen from Hateshwari temple
Mandi: Gold and silver jewellery, valued
at Rs 20 lakh, were allegedly stolen by some unidentified men
from the ancient Hateshwari temple, 10 km from Sundernagar,
police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the thieves
barged into the temple by breaking the main entrance and
decamped with the ornaments, they said.
The theft was detected this morning when the temple
priest Khem Chand found the entrance to the temple bolted from
outside, police said.
The stolen jewellery included one gold `Chhatra`
weighing 500 gm, a silver `Chhatra` weighing 750 gm and other
jewellery, including two golden chains, they said.
Meanwhile, the residents of the area have created a
ruckus demanding the arrest of those involved in the theft.
Mandi SP P D Prasad and DSP Ashish Sharma visited the
spot immediately and assured the locals that an investigation
is on to trace the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest