Judiciary should play pro-active role: Justice Kurian Joseph
Shimla: Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court Kurian Joseph on Saturday said people have high expectations from judiciary and it should play a pro-active role to meet their aspirations.
Justice Kurian today laid foundation of Rs 36 crore Himachal Pradesh Judicial Academy campus at Ghandal near the state capital here.
"The judiciary has been entrusted the vital task of establishing truth and it was the prime duty of every judge to uphold it," justice Kurian said.
Upholding the truth would strengthen the credibility of the institution, besides ensuring justice to the needy, he said.
Highlighting the need for constant updation of skills and upgrading levels of knowledge, the CJ said the Judicial Academy would provide support and expertise in training the judicial officers of other departments regarding various laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state