Judiciary should play pro-active role: Justice Kurian Joseph
Shimla: Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court Kurian Joseph on Saturday said people have high expectations from judiciary and it should play a pro-active role to meet their aspirations.
Justice Kurian today laid foundation of Rs 36 crore Himachal Pradesh Judicial Academy campus at Ghandal near the state capital here.
"The judiciary has been entrusted the vital task of establishing truth and it was the prime duty of every judge to uphold it," justice Kurian said.
Upholding the truth would strengthen the credibility of the institution, besides ensuring justice to the needy, he said.
Highlighting the need for constant updation of skills and upgrading levels of knowledge, the CJ said the Judicial Academy would provide support and expertise in training the judicial officers of other departments regarding various laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter