June rainfall in HP hits 10-yr high
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has this monsoon received the highest rainfall in the month of June for the last 10 years, the MeT office said on Tuesday.
The state received 143 per cent more rain this June at 241.1mm against normal rainfall of 99.3mm, weather officials said.
Prior to this, the highest rainfall for June was 179.6mm recorded in 2008.
All 12 districts of the state received excess rainfall with the tribal Kinnaur district getting showers 804 per cent more than the average while the Shimla saw a jump of 120 per cent.
The tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti received the lowest rainfall for the state this year but even there the showers were 25 per cent higher than normal.
Sirmaur district received the highest rainfall of 497mm which is 253 per cent more than its average.
Meanwhile, state capital Shimla and some other places were today lashed by intermittent rains which brought about a marginal fall in the mercury.
Una registered the highest maximum in the region at 37.0 degrees Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded highs of 34.2 and 34.0 degrees, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD