June rainfall in HP hits 10-yr high
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has this monsoon received the highest rainfall in the month of June for the last 10 years, the MeT office said on Tuesday.
The state received 143 per cent more rain this June at 241.1mm against normal rainfall of 99.3mm, weather officials said.
Prior to this, the highest rainfall for June was 179.6mm recorded in 2008.
All 12 districts of the state received excess rainfall with the tribal Kinnaur district getting showers 804 per cent more than the average while the Shimla saw a jump of 120 per cent.
The tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti received the lowest rainfall for the state this year but even there the showers were 25 per cent higher than normal.
Sirmaur district received the highest rainfall of 497mm which is 253 per cent more than its average.
Meanwhile, state capital Shimla and some other places were today lashed by intermittent rains which brought about a marginal fall in the mercury.
Una registered the highest maximum in the region at 37.0 degrees Celsius while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded highs of 34.2 and 34.0 degrees, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says