Justice Ajay M Khanwilkar sworn in as CJ of HP HC
Shimla: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Himachal High Court here.
He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by state Governor Urmilla Singh in a ceremony at the Raj Bhawan.
Chief Minister V B Singh, Speaker B B L Butail, Leader of the Opposition P K Dhumal, cabinet ministers, Judges of High Court, senior bureaucrats, judicial officers and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Hailing from Pune in Maharashtra, Justice Khanwilkar was born on July 30, 1957. He was appointed Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in 2000 and confirmed as permanent Judge in April 2002. He has been in legal profession for the last 31 years.
He did his graduation in Commerce from Mulund College of Commerce, Mumbai University, and obtained a degree in law from K C Law College, Mumbai University.
He was enrolled as an Advocate in 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before the Subordinate Courts, Tribunals and High Court of Judicature at Bombay on the Appellate Side and started practising exclusively in the Supreme Court of India in 1984.
He was appointed as Standing Counsel for the State of Maharashtra for Supreme Court matters in October 1985 and also worked as Additional Government Advocate for the State of Maharashtra till December 1989.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani