Justice Ajay M Khanwilkar sworn in as CJ of HP HC
Shimla: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Himachal High Court here.
He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by state Governor Urmilla Singh in a ceremony at the Raj Bhawan.
Chief Minister V B Singh, Speaker B B L Butail, Leader of the Opposition P K Dhumal, cabinet ministers, Judges of High Court, senior bureaucrats, judicial officers and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Hailing from Pune in Maharashtra, Justice Khanwilkar was born on July 30, 1957. He was appointed Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in 2000 and confirmed as permanent Judge in April 2002. He has been in legal profession for the last 31 years.
He did his graduation in Commerce from Mulund College of Commerce, Mumbai University, and obtained a degree in law from K C Law College, Mumbai University.
He was enrolled as an Advocate in 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before the Subordinate Courts, Tribunals and High Court of Judicature at Bombay on the Appellate Side and started practising exclusively in the Supreme Court of India in 1984.
He was appointed as Standing Counsel for the State of Maharashtra for Supreme Court matters in October 1985 and also worked as Additional Government Advocate for the State of Maharashtra till December 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"