Justice Ajay M Khanwilkar sworn in as CJ of HP HC
Shimla: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Himachal High Court here.
He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by state Governor Urmilla Singh in a ceremony at the Raj Bhawan.
Chief Minister V B Singh, Speaker B B L Butail, Leader of the Opposition P K Dhumal, cabinet ministers, Judges of High Court, senior bureaucrats, judicial officers and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Hailing from Pune in Maharashtra, Justice Khanwilkar was born on July 30, 1957. He was appointed Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in 2000 and confirmed as permanent Judge in April 2002. He has been in legal profession for the last 31 years.
He did his graduation in Commerce from Mulund College of Commerce, Mumbai University, and obtained a degree in law from K C Law College, Mumbai University.
He was enrolled as an Advocate in 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before the Subordinate Courts, Tribunals and High Court of Judicature at Bombay on the Appellate Side and started practising exclusively in the Supreme Court of India in 1984.
He was appointed as Standing Counsel for the State of Maharashtra for Supreme Court matters in October 1985 and also worked as Additional Government Advocate for the State of Maharashtra till December 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'