Justice Mir takes oath as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
Shimla: Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir was today sworn in as the Chief Justice of the court here.
He was administered the oath of office by Governor Urmila Singh in a ceremony at the Raj Bhavan. Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, his wife Pratibha Singh, ministers, MLAs, judges of the high court, senior bureaucrats and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Justice Mir, hailing from Rajpora in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir, took over as the Acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court on November 27, 2013, according to a release.
Born on April 25, 1955 in Rajpora village of Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir, Justice Mir did his LL.B from Kashmir University in 1978 and joined Bar in the same year and practiced till 1993.
He appeared in Higher Judicial Services examination in 1992 and secured first position in the state. He was appointed as Principal District and Sessions Judge, Kupwara on May 27, 1993 and also remained Principal District and Sessions Judge of Anantnag, Budgam and Srinagar.
He was also posted as Presiding Officer, Motor Accident Claims Tribunal, Srinagar and the designated court of TADA/ Special Judge, POTA for Kashmir Division.
Justice Mir was sworn-in as Additional Judge of the High Court on January 31, 2005 and elevated as Permanent Judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court July 7, 2007.
He delivered landmark judgements in all branches of the law and decided 37,000 cases from May 31, 2005 to November 24, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog