Kamduni gang-rape: Villagers to meet President for CBI probe
Kolkata: Having little faith in the CID investigations into the gang-rape and murder of a college girl student, villagers of Kamduni on Saturday left for Delhi to meet the President to demand a CBI probe.
"We demand justice for the gang-rape and brutal killing of our friend. We will plead with the President for a CBI probe into the macabre incident," said Mausumi Koyal, one of the villagers, who has played a leading part in organising protests against the June 8 rape and murder of the student at Kamduni in North 24 Parganas district.
"We have no faith on the state CID and its inquiry. We will demand exemplary punishment for the rapists and killers," she said while boarding the train to Delhi. Referring to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s visit to Kamduni, 10 days after the killing and when she had branded them as Maoists and CPI(M) supporters after protests, Koyal said that the villagers were passing their days in deep anxiety as `justice has not been done`.
"We don`t want any money, compensation or job, but we demand a CBI inquiry to unravel the truth and punish the rapists and killers," the girl`s father who was among the 24 villagers who boarded the Rajdhani Express said.
Minister of state for Railways and Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has arranged an appointment for the Kamduni villagers with President Pranab Mukhkerjee on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA