Keylong in Himachal Pradesh shivers at minus 3.1 degrees
Shimla: The mercury dipped to minus 3.1 degrees Celsius at Keylong in remote Lahaul-Spiti district Thursday while tourist resorts of Kalpa in Kinnaur and Manali reeled under cold wave with a low of 0.4 and zero degree Celsius, respectively.
State capital Shimla saw a minimum temperature of 7.5 degrees Celsius, a weather official here said.
Other prominent tourist places like Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Dharamsala, Palampur, Chamba and Dalhousie also saw chilly nights.
Most of the high-altitude areas have been experiencing extremely cold conditions with mercury staying below freezing point.
The Met Office said the night temperature of Keylong was down by 0.6 degrees from Wednesday.
It forecast cloudy sky across the state Friday with a mild spell of rain or snow in some parts of the state.
The western disturbances -- storm systems originating from Caspian Sea and moving across the Afghanistan-Pakistan region -- would be active in the region, said the weather office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack