Keylong in Himachal records minus 10.4 degrees
Shimla: Bone-chilling cold conditions swept across Himachal Pradesh on Sunday with Keylong freezing at a minus 10.4 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official said.
While state capital Shimla shivered at 0.9 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature at tourist resort Manali was 3 degrees below the freezing point.
Kalpa, around 250 km from here, recorded a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, whereas Dharamsala was still warm at a minimum of 4.4 degrees. It was minus 0.6 degree in Sundernagar.
The official said the night temperature in Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district fell further by 3.3 degrees from Saturday`s minus 7.1 degrees.
But day temperatures across the state were up by an average of two to five degrees due to the dry weather.
The maximum temperature was 11.5 degrees in Shimla Saturday, while it was 17.8 degrees in Dharamsala and 17.8 degrees in Solan.
Frost on the roads, making them slippery, has been hampering movement of vehicles, officials said.
The Met Office has forecast dry weather in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply