Keylong in Himachal records minus 10.4 degrees
Shimla: Bone-chilling cold conditions swept across Himachal Pradesh on Sunday with Keylong freezing at a minus 10.4 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official said.
While state capital Shimla shivered at 0.9 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature at tourist resort Manali was 3 degrees below the freezing point.
Kalpa, around 250 km from here, recorded a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, whereas Dharamsala was still warm at a minimum of 4.4 degrees. It was minus 0.6 degree in Sundernagar.
The official said the night temperature in Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district fell further by 3.3 degrees from Saturday`s minus 7.1 degrees.
But day temperatures across the state were up by an average of two to five degrees due to the dry weather.
The maximum temperature was 11.5 degrees in Shimla Saturday, while it was 17.8 degrees in Dharamsala and 17.8 degrees in Solan.
Frost on the roads, making them slippery, has been hampering movement of vehicles, officials said.
The Met Office has forecast dry weather in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off