Keylong in Himachal records minus 10.4 degrees
Shimla: Bone-chilling cold conditions swept across Himachal Pradesh on Sunday with Keylong freezing at a minus 10.4 degrees Celsius, a meteorological official said.
While state capital Shimla shivered at 0.9 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature at tourist resort Manali was 3 degrees below the freezing point.
Kalpa, around 250 km from here, recorded a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, whereas Dharamsala was still warm at a minimum of 4.4 degrees. It was minus 0.6 degree in Sundernagar.
The official said the night temperature in Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district fell further by 3.3 degrees from Saturday`s minus 7.1 degrees.
But day temperatures across the state were up by an average of two to five degrees due to the dry weather.
The maximum temperature was 11.5 degrees in Shimla Saturday, while it was 17.8 degrees in Dharamsala and 17.8 degrees in Solan.
Frost on the roads, making them slippery, has been hampering movement of vehicles, officials said.
The Met Office has forecast dry weather in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead