Lahaul-Spiti reels under sub-zero temperatures in HP
Shimla: Residents of remote Lahaul-
Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under
sub-zero temperatures today as the mercury stood at a low of
minus 7.8 degree celsius.
State capital Shimla recorded a minimum of nine
degrees and a maximum of 19.3 degrees, a bit higher as
compared to yesterday`s 17 degrees, the Met office said.
The lower hills registered a marginal rise in day
temperatures in the absence of rain but still remained
relatively chilly due to a cold wind.
Elsewhere in the state Sundernagar recorded a day
temperature of 17.3 degrees while it was 13.4 degrees in
Kalpa in Kinnaur district.
The Met office has forecast mainly dry weather in the
lower hills while it may rain or snow in the higher reaches
Meanwhile, a report from Keylong, the district
headquarters of Lahaul-Spiti said the 13,050 feet high
Rohtang pass, the only road link to the district which has
been closed since November 9 due to untimely snowfall, could
not be opened today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police