Lahaul-Spiti reels under sub-zero temperatures in HP
Shimla: Residents of remote Lahaul-
Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under
sub-zero temperatures today as the mercury stood at a low of
minus 7.8 degree celsius.
State capital Shimla recorded a minimum of nine
degrees and a maximum of 19.3 degrees, a bit higher as
compared to yesterday`s 17 degrees, the Met office said.
The lower hills registered a marginal rise in day
temperatures in the absence of rain but still remained
relatively chilly due to a cold wind.
Elsewhere in the state Sundernagar recorded a day
temperature of 17.3 degrees while it was 13.4 degrees in
Kalpa in Kinnaur district.
The Met office has forecast mainly dry weather in the
lower hills while it may rain or snow in the higher reaches
Meanwhile, a report from Keylong, the district
headquarters of Lahaul-Spiti said the 13,050 feet high
Rohtang pass, the only road link to the district which has
been closed since November 9 due to untimely snowfall, could
not be opened today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick