Land deal: Congress ministers rubbish Arun Dhumal`s allegations
Shimla: A day after he accused Himachal`s Congress regime of political vandetta, two state ministers today hit back at former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal`s son Arun Dhumal, saying that he had "violated the law and cheated a poor person."
Power Minister Sujan Singh Pathania and Forest Minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri accused Arun, booked in connection with an alleged illegal land deal, of making "frivolous and baseless charges."
The state Vigilance and Anti-corruption Bureau had booked Arun and his brother Anurag Thakur under sections of the IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act for alleged cheating and conspiracy in a land deal involving a person Premu.
Arun had yesterday alleged that the state government was misusing the official machinery and investigating agencies to malign him, his father and brother Anurag.
The ministers said that BJP leaders were trying to divert the attention of people from their "misdeeds", which have come to light.
Countering the claim of Arun that they had done nothing wrong in purchase of land, the ministers said Premu was granted 592 square metres of nautor land in 1992 under HP Village Common Lands (Vesting and Utilisation) Scheme, 1975.
The date of `patta` was registered on December 7, 2012 while the mutation was done on June 20, 1993 and Dhumal`s sons purchased the land from him, rendering him landless, they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what