Liquor seized from Himachal constituency
Shimla: Thirty boxes of liquor were on Sunday seized from a temple complex in Himachal Pradesh`s Renuka assembly constituency where a by-election will be held Nov 30.
The Congress alleged the liquor belonged to a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator, who was in the guest house when police raided it. The rest house is located in temple complex.
"We are investigating from where the liquor came and for whom was it," Superintendent of Police Puneeta Bhardwaj told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral