Liquor seized from Himachal constituency
Shimla: Thirty boxes of liquor were on Sunday seized from a temple complex in Himachal Pradesh`s Renuka assembly constituency where a by-election will be held Nov 30.
The Congress alleged the liquor belonged to a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator, who was in the guest house when police raided it. The rest house is located in temple complex.
"We are investigating from where the liquor came and for whom was it," Superintendent of Police Puneeta Bhardwaj told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj