Lok Sabha bypoll from Himachal`s Mandi June 23
Shimla: The by-election to the Lok Sabha from Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi constituency will be held on June 23, election officials said.
The seat fell vacant following the resignation of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after he was elected to the state legislative assembly in December 2012.
The counting of the votes will be held June 27, an election official told IANS.
He said the notification for the poll would be issued May 29 and the last date for filing nominations would be June 5.
The model code of conduct would come into force immediately, said the official.
The Mandi constituency, which covers virtually two-thirds of the hill state, comprises Mandi, Kullu, Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur districts and some areas of Chamba district.
Ahead of the poll announcement, the chief minister has toured tribal-dominated areas that fall in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state