"Major military threat" from China
New Delhi: Citing a "major military threat"
from China, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal
on Saturday asked the Centre to set up a Himalayan Regiment in the
army which should be capable of fighting in difficult hilly
Speaking at the National Development Council (NDC) meeting
here, Dhumal said "India faces a major military threat from
neighbouring China and the Indian Army should be made fully
capable of fighting in the tough terrain hilly regions.
"And with this objective a separate army regiment drawn
from youths of hilly areas should be set up in the army so as
its soldiers are well conversant with tough geography and
topography of the region and are also prepared mentally and
physically to encounter the enemy in this region", Dhumal
He requested the central government to make suitable
provision for setting up the Himlayan Regiment in the 12th
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray