Manali freezes at season`s lowest temperature
Shimla: The popular tourist destination Manali in Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday saw the season`s lowest temperature of 4.6 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
The temperatures remained below the freezing point at most places in the state, an official of the meteorological office here told a news agency, adding it is likely to snow across the state on February 14 and 15.
Keylong, headquarter town of Lahaul and Spiti district, was the coldest at a minimum temperature of minus 14.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded a low of minus 6.8 degrees Celsius, while the temperature was 5.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
The state capital saw a low of 0.5 degree Celsius.
"Most hills are likely to experience snow from Thursday night, whereas mid and low hills may experience rain," a weatherman said.
He said there are high chances of snow in the upper reaches of Kullu, Shimla, Sirmaur, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti and Chamba districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed