Manali freezes at season`s lowest temperature
Shimla: The popular tourist destination Manali in Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday saw the season`s lowest temperature of 4.6 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
The temperatures remained below the freezing point at most places in the state, an official of the meteorological office here told a news agency, adding it is likely to snow across the state on February 14 and 15.
Keylong, headquarter town of Lahaul and Spiti district, was the coldest at a minimum temperature of minus 14.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded a low of minus 6.8 degrees Celsius, while the temperature was 5.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
The state capital saw a low of 0.5 degree Celsius.
"Most hills are likely to experience snow from Thursday night, whereas mid and low hills may experience rain," a weatherman said.
He said there are high chances of snow in the upper reaches of Kullu, Shimla, Sirmaur, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti and Chamba districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli