Manali freezes at season`s lowest temperature
Shimla: The popular tourist destination Manali in Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday saw the season`s lowest temperature of 4.6 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
The temperatures remained below the freezing point at most places in the state, an official of the meteorological office here told a news agency, adding it is likely to snow across the state on February 14 and 15.
Keylong, headquarter town of Lahaul and Spiti district, was the coldest at a minimum temperature of minus 14.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded a low of minus 6.8 degrees Celsius, while the temperature was 5.4 degrees in Dharamsala.
The state capital saw a low of 0.5 degree Celsius.
"Most hills are likely to experience snow from Thursday night, whereas mid and low hills may experience rain," a weatherman said.
He said there are high chances of snow in the upper reaches of Kullu, Shimla, Sirmaur, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti and Chamba districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics