Manali gets another spell of snow
Shimla: The picturesque towns of Manali and Kalpa in Himachal Pradesh saw another spell of snow on Sunday, bringing the temperature down by several notches, the weather office here said.
Manali in Kullu district and Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw 5 cm and 2 cm of snow respectively. These towns saw good spells of snow in the last two days of 2010.
"Isolated places in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kullu and Kinnaur districts also experienced moderate spell of snow early Sunday," an official said.
Shimla reeled under cold wave as minimum temperature was 1 degree, down by 2.1 degrees from Saturday.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 4 degrees, while it was 2 degrees at Bhuntar in Kullu district and 3.7 degrees at Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read