Manali gets another spell of snow
Shimla: The picturesque towns of Manali and Kalpa in Himachal Pradesh saw another spell of snow on Sunday, bringing the temperature down by several notches, the weather office here said.
Manali in Kullu district and Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw 5 cm and 2 cm of snow respectively. These towns saw good spells of snow in the last two days of 2010.
"Isolated places in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kullu and Kinnaur districts also experienced moderate spell of snow early Sunday," an official said.
Shimla reeled under cold wave as minimum temperature was 1 degree, down by 2.1 degrees from Saturday.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 4 degrees, while it was 2 degrees at Bhuntar in Kullu district and 3.7 degrees at Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site