Manali gets another spell of snow
Shimla: The picturesque towns of Manali and Kalpa in Himachal Pradesh saw another spell of snow on Sunday, bringing the temperature down by several notches, the weather office here said.
Manali in Kullu district and Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw 5 cm and 2 cm of snow respectively. These towns saw good spells of snow in the last two days of 2010.
"Isolated places in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kullu and Kinnaur districts also experienced moderate spell of snow early Sunday," an official said.
Shimla reeled under cold wave as minimum temperature was 1 degree, down by 2.1 degrees from Saturday.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 4 degrees, while it was 2 degrees at Bhuntar in Kullu district and 3.7 degrees at Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city