Manali-Leh deluxe bus service restarted
Manali: A deluxe bus service that connects this Himachal Pradesh town to Leh in Jammu and Kashmir restarted on Tuesday after remaining closed for over seven months due to snowfall, an official said.
One-way fare is Rs 2,500, which includes a night`s stay at Keylong, dinner and breakfast.
"The 35-seater bus will leave Manali twice a week at 9 am. After stopping overnight at Keylong (in Lahaul-Spiti district), it will reach Leh next day in the evening," Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC) general manager Yogesh Behl told a news agency.
The HPTDC is running this special bus to promote tourism.
"The response of tourists, especially the foreigners, is quite good. A passenger can even get online advance booking," he said.
The Manali-Leh HPTDC bus service normally operates for four months as the 475 km Manali-Leh highway remains shut rest of the year due to snowfall. This year it opened for vehicular traffic on June 03.
The bus crosses four high mountain passes in the cold deserts of Himachal and Jammu and Kashmir -- Rohtang Pass (13,050 feet), Baralacha Pass (16,020 feet), Lachungla Pass (16,620 feet) and Tanglangla Pass (17,480 feet).
Last week, state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) restarted 1,050-km bus journey linking Delhi to Leh via Manali.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know