Manali-Leh deluxe bus service restarted
Manali: A deluxe bus service that connects this Himachal Pradesh town to Leh in Jammu and Kashmir restarted on Tuesday after remaining closed for over seven months due to snowfall, an official said.
One-way fare is Rs 2,500, which includes a night`s stay at Keylong, dinner and breakfast.
"The 35-seater bus will leave Manali twice a week at 9 am. After stopping overnight at Keylong (in Lahaul-Spiti district), it will reach Leh next day in the evening," Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC) general manager Yogesh Behl told a news agency.
The HPTDC is running this special bus to promote tourism.
"The response of tourists, especially the foreigners, is quite good. A passenger can even get online advance booking," he said.
The Manali-Leh HPTDC bus service normally operates for four months as the 475 km Manali-Leh highway remains shut rest of the year due to snowfall. This year it opened for vehicular traffic on June 03.
The bus crosses four high mountain passes in the cold deserts of Himachal and Jammu and Kashmir -- Rohtang Pass (13,050 feet), Baralacha Pass (16,020 feet), Lachungla Pass (16,620 feet) and Tanglangla Pass (17,480 feet).
Last week, state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) restarted 1,050-km bus journey linking Delhi to Leh via Manali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings