Mandi bypoll: BJP candidate Jairam Thakur files nomination
Shimla: BJP candidate Jai Ram Thakur on Saturday filed his nomination papers for Mandi Lok Sabha by-elections slated for June 23.
Former BJP chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, Shanta Kumar and national general secretary of the party JP Nadda were present at the time of filing the nominations to send a message that the party was united after defeat in the recent assembly elections.
Addressing a rally after filing the nomination, Dhumal cautioned against use of official machinery and money power in the by-elections, and said people should remain alert to thwart any attempt woo the voters.
He alleged that the Congress government has done nothing during the past five months, except wreaking vengeance on employees by mass transfers, closing institutions and changing the names of the schemes started by the BJP government.
Dhumal claimed that Congress candidate Pratibha Singh was trying to take credit for Rohtang tunnel but in fact, the then Prime Minister Atal Vihari Vajpayee had cleared the project in 2002 and only foundation stone was laid by AICC president Sonia Gandhi two years later.
"During my six decades of political life, I have not seen such a corrupt government in the country, which was ridden with scams and a record number of Union ministers were booked in corruption cases and sent to jail," Shanta Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray