Mandi bypoll: EC appraises political parties on CEC rules
Shimla: Flying squads, video surveillance, and static surveillance teams are in place to monitor election expenditure in Mandi Lok Sabha bye-election, Himachal Chief Electoral Officer Narinder Chauhan on Tuesday said.
Besides, Media Certification and Monitoring Committees (MCMC) have also been appointed to deal with paid news, he said.
Conveying the instructions of Chief Election Commission to representatives of political parties here Chauhan said, election expenditure has been classified into two categories and maximum expenditure limit is Rs 40 lakh, including expenditure on public meetings, posters, banners, vehicles and advertisements in print or electronic media.
Distribution of money, liquor and other items to woo voters are not allowed, he said.
ADMs and SDMs would be nodal officers of the Expenditure Monitoring Cell at district level, Chauhan said.
Meanwhile, Mohan Snehi, a resident of village and tehsil Nirmand in Kullu district filed his nominations for the bye-election slated for June 23, raising the total number of contestants to three.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane