Mandi LS by-election: EC bans exit poll till voting ends
Shimla: The Election Commission of India has imposed restriction on conduct of any exit poll, publication and dissemination of result of exit poll and publishing or publicising by means of print or electronic media for Mandi Lok Sabha by-elections on June 23 next.
The ban would remain in force between 8 AM to 5 PM on the polling day on June 23 and counting of vote would take place on June 27, Chief Electoral Officer said, adding that the ECI has issued the notification as per the provisions of section 126A of Representation of People Act.
He said that under the Representation of People Act, displaying any election matter including results of any opinion poll or any other poll survey in any electronic media would be prohibited during the period of 48 hours ending with the hours fixed conclusion of poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai