Mandi LS by-election: EC bans exit poll till voting ends
Shimla: The Election Commission of India has imposed restriction on conduct of any exit poll, publication and dissemination of result of exit poll and publishing or publicising by means of print or electronic media for Mandi Lok Sabha by-elections on June 23 next.
The ban would remain in force between 8 AM to 5 PM on the polling day on June 23 and counting of vote would take place on June 27, Chief Electoral Officer said, adding that the ECI has issued the notification as per the provisions of section 126A of Representation of People Act.
He said that under the Representation of People Act, displaying any election matter including results of any opinion poll or any other poll survey in any electronic media would be prohibited during the period of 48 hours ending with the hours fixed conclusion of poll.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai