Mandi LS by-poll: `Modi-Advani rift will cast shadow`
Shimla: The Modi-Advani rift will cast a shadow on Mandi Lok Sabha by-elections slated for June 23 and Congress is likely to get a landslide victory, Himachal Pradesh minister GS Bali said on Thursday.
NDA is on the verge of splitting and Congress is in winning position to take advantage, the Transport and Food and Civil Supply Minister told reporters in Kullu.
Bali said the developmental programmes launched by the Congress government during short spell of just five months had unnerved BJP workers.
He accused former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal of trying to misguide the people on the issue of Himalayan ski village, and asked him to name the company which had evinced interest to set up the ski village.
Clarifying that there was no such proposal with the government to set up ski village, the minister said it was false and baseless propaganda being carried out by BJP.
Bali said the state government planned to purchase 500 new buses for HRTC fleet to strengthen the fleet and replace old buses.
He said the previous BJP government had left the HRTC in the red with liability of Rs 385 crore which included payment of salary and over time of employees.
The present government has given a grant of Rs 160 crore to HRTC and efforts are afoot to bring the Corporation back on track, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab