Mandi LS by-poll: `Modi-Advani rift will cast shadow`
Shimla: The Modi-Advani rift will cast a shadow on Mandi Lok Sabha by-elections slated for June 23 and Congress is likely to get a landslide victory, Himachal Pradesh minister GS Bali said on Thursday.
NDA is on the verge of splitting and Congress is in winning position to take advantage, the Transport and Food and Civil Supply Minister told reporters in Kullu.
Bali said the developmental programmes launched by the Congress government during short spell of just five months had unnerved BJP workers.
He accused former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal of trying to misguide the people on the issue of Himalayan ski village, and asked him to name the company which had evinced interest to set up the ski village.
Clarifying that there was no such proposal with the government to set up ski village, the minister said it was false and baseless propaganda being carried out by BJP.
Bali said the state government planned to purchase 500 new buses for HRTC fleet to strengthen the fleet and replace old buses.
He said the previous BJP government had left the HRTC in the red with liability of Rs 385 crore which included payment of salary and over time of employees.
The present government has given a grant of Rs 160 crore to HRTC and efforts are afoot to bring the Corporation back on track, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India