Mandi tragedy: Himachal HC summons Larji Hydropower project authorities
Shimla: Acting on a petition filed with it, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday issued summons to the Larji Hydropower project authorities over the Mandi tragedy.
The court also pulled up the Himachal Pradesh Government over its delay in filing the status report, and also expressed its unhappiness over the government`s handling of the tragedy.
Twenty four college students and a tour operator were swept away by a wall of water on the River Beas after water was unexpectedly released from the Larji Hydropower project.
The court also asked the government to be prepared for a heavy interim compensation. It has also summoned the divisional commissioner of Mandi, Onkar Sharma, who is heading the committee probing the tragedy.
The court has also made Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Techology, Hyderabad a party in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’