Mandi tragedy: Himachal HC summons Larji Hydropower project authorities
Shimla: Acting on a petition filed with it, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday issued summons to the Larji Hydropower project authorities over the Mandi tragedy.
The court also pulled up the Himachal Pradesh Government over its delay in filing the status report, and also expressed its unhappiness over the government`s handling of the tragedy.
Twenty four college students and a tour operator were swept away by a wall of water on the River Beas after water was unexpectedly released from the Larji Hydropower project.
The court also asked the government to be prepared for a heavy interim compensation. It has also summoned the divisional commissioner of Mandi, Onkar Sharma, who is heading the committee probing the tragedy.
The court has also made Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Techology, Hyderabad a party in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand