Mandi tragedy: Himachal HC summons Larji Hydropower project authorities
Shimla: Acting on a petition filed with it, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday issued summons to the Larji Hydropower project authorities over the Mandi tragedy.
The court also pulled up the Himachal Pradesh Government over its delay in filing the status report, and also expressed its unhappiness over the government`s handling of the tragedy.
Twenty four college students and a tour operator were swept away by a wall of water on the River Beas after water was unexpectedly released from the Larji Hydropower project.
The court also asked the government to be prepared for a heavy interim compensation. It has also summoned the divisional commissioner of Mandi, Onkar Sharma, who is heading the committee probing the tragedy.
The court has also made Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Techology, Hyderabad a party in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider