Mansa Ram named pro-tem Speaker of Himachal assembly
Shimla: Senior Congress MLA and former minister Mansa Ram was Saturday selected as the pro-tem Speaker of the new state assembly.
First session of the newly-elected 12th Himachal Pradesh Assembly will begin at Dharamsala from January 8.
Mansa Ram would administer oath to newly elected MLAs and also conduct the election of Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
Five times MLA, Mansa Ram was elected to state assembly for the first time in 1967 from Karsog constituency in Mandi district. He also won the assembly polls in 1972, 1985, 1998 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!