Mansa Ram named pro-tem Speaker of Himachal assembly
Shimla: Senior Congress MLA and former minister Mansa Ram was Saturday selected as the pro-tem Speaker of the new state assembly.
First session of the newly-elected 12th Himachal Pradesh Assembly will begin at Dharamsala from January 8.
Mansa Ram would administer oath to newly elected MLAs and also conduct the election of Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
Five times MLA, Mansa Ram was elected to state assembly for the first time in 1967 from Karsog constituency in Mandi district. He also won the assembly polls in 1972, 1985, 1998 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India