Marginal relief from cold in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The hills of Himachal Pradesh had marginal relief from piercing cold wave conditions, which abated due to rise of two to four degrees Celsius in maximum day temperatures.
The maximum temperatures stayed two to seven degrees above normal as the region had bright sunshine while minimum temperatures rose by one to three degrees.
The mercury touched 25 degrees mark with Sundernagar, Una an Bhuntar recording a high of 24.9 deg C, 24.8 deg C and 24.7 deg respectively while Nahan recorded maximum temperature at 23.9 deg, followed by Solan 21.8 deg, Dharamsala 18.8 deg and Kalpa 04.6 deg.
The state capital Shimla recorded a high of 19.1 deg C, 7.5 deg above normal.
The minimum temperatures improved by one to two degrees to stay at minus 3.5 deg C and minus 3.0 deg C at Keylong and Kapla in tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur, while Manali recorded a low of 2.4 deg,followed by Saluni 4.5 deg, Solan 6.0 deg, Bhuntar 6.2 deg, Sundernagar 6.4 deg and Nahan 8.6 deg, two to three degrees above normal.
Dharamsala was hottest during the night with a low of 10.2 deg C while Palampur and Shimla recorded minimum temperatures at 9.5 deg and 6.8 deg, three degrees C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted heavy rains at isolated places in Chamba and Kangra district tomorrow and rains and thunderstorm at some places in mid and lower hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state