Mediation is amicable conflict resolution: Himachal judge
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Acting Chief Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir Sunday underlined the importance of mediation as a method of resolving conflict.
Speaking at a regional conference on mediation organised in the state capital by the Himachal Pradesh Legal Services Authority, he said mediation has great potential for providing satisfying solutions to disputes.
"Mediation attempts to change a dispute from a `win-lose` to `win-win` situation. Such alternative dispute resolution mechanisms not only benefit the masses, but lawyers and other professionals are also likely to have avenues for diversification," he said.
Legal officials said 201 mediators have been trained in the state so far, and 210 cases have been settled during mediation proceedings till October this year.
A handbook on mediation was released by the acting chief justice.
The mediation monitoring committee of the high court will be organising camps to expose youth to constructive and amicable ways of resolving differences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS