Mediation is amicable conflict resolution: Himachal judge
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s Acting Chief Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir Sunday underlined the importance of mediation as a method of resolving conflict.
Speaking at a regional conference on mediation organised in the state capital by the Himachal Pradesh Legal Services Authority, he said mediation has great potential for providing satisfying solutions to disputes.
"Mediation attempts to change a dispute from a `win-lose` to `win-win` situation. Such alternative dispute resolution mechanisms not only benefit the masses, but lawyers and other professionals are also likely to have avenues for diversification," he said.
Legal officials said 201 mediators have been trained in the state so far, and 210 cases have been settled during mediation proceedings till October this year.
A handbook on mediation was released by the acting chief justice.
The mediation monitoring committee of the high court will be organising camps to expose youth to constructive and amicable ways of resolving differences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media