Mercury plummets as icy winds sweep HP
Shimla: Cold winds blew across Himachal
Pradesh on Sunday, resulting in mercury plummeting by several
notches at many places in the hill state.
However, there were no reports of rain or snow from
anywhere in the state.
Capital Shimla experienced a cloudy weather with the day
temperature falling to 15.4 degree Celsius from 18 C yesterday
while the minimum was recorded at 8.7 degrees, the Met office
Elsewhere, Sundernagar recorded a day temperature of 19.2
Celsius (against 23.1 C a day before), Bhuntar 18.6 (against
21.5) and Kalpa 11.2 degrees (against 12.2 C yesterday).
A report from Lahaul and Spiti said there was no fresh
spell of snow but pedestrains have been restrained from using
the 13,050 feet-high Rohtang pass, which was closed for
vehicular traffic since November 9 due to untimely snowfall.
The Met office forecast mainly dry weather in low or
middle ranges while in hills there can be rain/snow at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city