Mercury plummets as icy winds sweep HP
Shimla: Cold winds blew across Himachal
Pradesh on Sunday, resulting in mercury plummeting by several
notches at many places in the hill state.
However, there were no reports of rain or snow from
anywhere in the state.
Capital Shimla experienced a cloudy weather with the day
temperature falling to 15.4 degree Celsius from 18 C yesterday
while the minimum was recorded at 8.7 degrees, the Met office
Elsewhere, Sundernagar recorded a day temperature of 19.2
Celsius (against 23.1 C a day before), Bhuntar 18.6 (against
21.5) and Kalpa 11.2 degrees (against 12.2 C yesterday).
A report from Lahaul and Spiti said there was no fresh
spell of snow but pedestrains have been restrained from using
the 13,050 feet-high Rohtang pass, which was closed for
vehicular traffic since November 9 due to untimely snowfall.
The Met office forecast mainly dry weather in low or
middle ranges while in hills there can be rain/snow at
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai