Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s tourist destinations of Shimla and Manali received mild snowfall early Tuesday, triggering a fresh cold wave.
Shimla`s commercial centre Mall Road, the historic Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills received snowfall, while lower areas of the town experienced rain.
"Nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda have experienced moderate snowfall. Manali also received snowfall. High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts saw moderate snow," said a weather department official.
The minimum temperature in Shimla was recorded at 1.6 degrees Celsius, a fall from Monday`s 5.2 degrees.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which also recorded 4.4 cm snow, saw a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, while it was one degree Celsius in Manali and 4.5 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi