Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s tourist destinations of Shimla and Manali received mild snowfall early Tuesday, triggering a fresh cold wave.
Shimla`s commercial centre Mall Road, the historic Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills received snowfall, while lower areas of the town experienced rain.
"Nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda have experienced moderate snowfall. Manali also received snowfall. High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts saw moderate snow," said a weather department official.
The minimum temperature in Shimla was recorded at 1.6 degrees Celsius, a fall from Monday`s 5.2 degrees.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which also recorded 4.4 cm snow, saw a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, while it was one degree Celsius in Manali and 4.5 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview