Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s tourist destinations of Shimla and Manali received mild snowfall early Tuesday, triggering a fresh cold wave.
Shimla`s commercial centre Mall Road, the historic Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills received snowfall, while lower areas of the town experienced rain.
"Nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda have experienced moderate snowfall. Manali also received snowfall. High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts saw moderate snow," said a weather department official.
The minimum temperature in Shimla was recorded at 1.6 degrees Celsius, a fall from Monday`s 5.2 degrees.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which also recorded 4.4 cm snow, saw a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, while it was one degree Celsius in Manali and 4.5 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed