Mild snowfall in tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Most parts of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under cold wave as tribal regions were lashed by mild snowfall and upper reaches of the state witnessed light showers.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.4 degrees Celcius while Kalpa and key tourist of Manali shivered at minus 0.6 deg C and 1.0 deg C, followed by Bhuntar and Solan 5.5 deg C, Shimla and Sundernagar 7.7 deg C, Palampur 8.0 deg C, Una 9.5 deg C, Dharamsala 11.0 deg C and Nahan 11.5 deg C.
Una was hot at 30 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 24.6 deg C and 24.0 deg C, followed by Nahan 23.2 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Solan 21.5 deg C, Shimla 16.0 deg C and Kalpa 8.0 deg C.
The weather remained dry in the state but sky was overcast and chilly winds swept the region, depriving people warmth of the Sun.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and higher hills and snow, rains and thunderstorms in higher reaches and tribal belt during next 96 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'