Mild snowfall in tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Most parts of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under cold wave as tribal regions were lashed by mild snowfall and upper reaches of the state witnessed light showers.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.4 degrees Celcius while Kalpa and key tourist of Manali shivered at minus 0.6 deg C and 1.0 deg C, followed by Bhuntar and Solan 5.5 deg C, Shimla and Sundernagar 7.7 deg C, Palampur 8.0 deg C, Una 9.5 deg C, Dharamsala 11.0 deg C and Nahan 11.5 deg C.
Una was hot at 30 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 24.6 deg C and 24.0 deg C, followed by Nahan 23.2 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Solan 21.5 deg C, Shimla 16.0 deg C and Kalpa 8.0 deg C.
The weather remained dry in the state but sky was overcast and chilly winds swept the region, depriving people warmth of the Sun.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and higher hills and snow, rains and thunderstorms in higher reaches and tribal belt during next 96 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?