Mild snowfall in tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Most parts of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under cold wave as tribal regions were lashed by mild snowfall and upper reaches of the state witnessed light showers.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.4 degrees Celcius while Kalpa and key tourist of Manali shivered at minus 0.6 deg C and 1.0 deg C, followed by Bhuntar and Solan 5.5 deg C, Shimla and Sundernagar 7.7 deg C, Palampur 8.0 deg C, Una 9.5 deg C, Dharamsala 11.0 deg C and Nahan 11.5 deg C.
Una was hot at 30 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 24.6 deg C and 24.0 deg C, followed by Nahan 23.2 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Solan 21.5 deg C, Shimla 16.0 deg C and Kalpa 8.0 deg C.
The weather remained dry in the state but sky was overcast and chilly winds swept the region, depriving people warmth of the Sun.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and higher hills and snow, rains and thunderstorms in higher reaches and tribal belt during next 96 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries