Mild snowfall in tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Most parts of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under cold wave as tribal regions were lashed by mild snowfall and upper reaches of the state witnessed light showers.
Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.4 degrees Celcius while Kalpa and key tourist of Manali shivered at minus 0.6 deg C and 1.0 deg C, followed by Bhuntar and Solan 5.5 deg C, Shimla and Sundernagar 7.7 deg C, Palampur 8.0 deg C, Una 9.5 deg C, Dharamsala 11.0 deg C and Nahan 11.5 deg C.
Una was hot at 30 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 24.6 deg C and 24.0 deg C, followed by Nahan 23.2 deg C, Dharamsala 22.6 deg C, Solan 21.5 deg C, Shimla 16.0 deg C and Kalpa 8.0 deg C.
The weather remained dry in the state but sky was overcast and chilly winds swept the region, depriving people warmth of the Sun.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and higher hills and snow, rains and thunderstorms in higher reaches and tribal belt during next 96 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends