Mild tremor in Dharamsala
Dhramasala: An earthquake of slight intensity, measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale, jolted Dharamsala in Kangra region of Himachal Pradesh.
The quake was recorded at 1.53 AM on Monday, a scientist at the geological department at Dehradun said over phone.
The tremor lasted for just 4.5 seconds and the epicenter was detected 17 km north of Baijnath in Douladhar ranges at latitude 32.3 degrees North and longitude 76.2 degrees East, of Kangra district.
No loss of life or property was reported from anywhere in the region.
Earlier, last month two jolts has been recorded in the area and in September, four slight intensity quakes had rocked the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US