Mild tremor in Dharamsala
Dhramasala: An earthquake of slight intensity, measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale, jolted Dharamsala in Kangra region of Himachal Pradesh.
The quake was recorded at 1.53 AM on Monday, a scientist at the geological department at Dehradun said over phone.
The tremor lasted for just 4.5 seconds and the epicenter was detected 17 km north of Baijnath in Douladhar ranges at latitude 32.3 degrees North and longitude 76.2 degrees East, of Kangra district.
No loss of life or property was reported from anywhere in the region.
Earlier, last month two jolts has been recorded in the area and in September, four slight intensity quakes had rocked the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai