Mild tremor in Dharamsala
Dhramasala: An earthquake of slight intensity, measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale, jolted Dharamsala in Kangra region of Himachal Pradesh.
The quake was recorded at 1.53 AM on Monday, a scientist at the geological department at Dehradun said over phone.
The tremor lasted for just 4.5 seconds and the epicenter was detected 17 km north of Baijnath in Douladhar ranges at latitude 32.3 degrees North and longitude 76.2 degrees East, of Kangra district.
No loss of life or property was reported from anywhere in the region.
Earlier, last month two jolts has been recorded in the area and in September, four slight intensity quakes had rocked the Valley.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!