Mild tremor in Dharamsala
Dhramasala: An earthquake of slight intensity, measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale, jolted Dharamsala in Kangra region of Himachal Pradesh.
The quake was recorded at 1.53 AM on Monday, a scientist at the geological department at Dehradun said over phone.
The tremor lasted for just 4.5 seconds and the epicenter was detected 17 km north of Baijnath in Douladhar ranges at latitude 32.3 degrees North and longitude 76.2 degrees East, of Kangra district.
No loss of life or property was reported from anywhere in the region.
Earlier, last month two jolts has been recorded in the area and in September, four slight intensity quakes had rocked the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa