MIM chief urges Muslims to help Assam victims
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi has called upon Muslims across India to help their brethren who were rendered homeless in recent Assam violence.
Owaisi has stressed the need to chalk out an action plan in this regard and also suggested that Muslims register 10,000 first information reports (FIRs) with regard to the atrocities committed on them by Bodos.
Addressing a huge gathering at Masjid-e-Azizia here late on Friday, the Member of Parliament urged Muslim doctors and lawyers to rush to the relief camps in Assam and extend all possible assistance to the displaced people.
"We can`t remain silent on this ethnic cleansing. Muslims should stand up and protest. The Muslims of Assam are looking to us for help," said Owaisi, who recently visited the relief camps and distributed medicines worth Rs 20 lakh.
Speaking about the pathetic conditions of over four lakh people in relief camps, Owaisi alleged that the government had failed to come to their rescue.
"I have no faith in the state or the Central governments. The Congress party is playing a game. It comes to power with the Muslim votes but is not ready to take on the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party), which is creating the trouble," he said, warning the Congress party that it would lose power in 2014 General Elections.
Stating that all those displaced in Assam were Indians, Owaisi said there was no truth in the claims that they were Bangladeshis.
He criticised Chief Election Commissioner HS Brahma for writing an article in which he said 11 out of 27 districts in Assam may become Muslim-majority districts.
"Heavens will not fall down if these districts become Muslim majority districts. How can a person holding a constitutional post can write such article? This has exposed his agenda as a Bodo," the MP said.
The MIM president said he stood by his comments that the continuing atrocities in Assam might drive Muslim youths to militancy.
"I don`t want them to become militants but what can I do if they are forced to take to arms? I have seen their anger and frustration," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh