Missing students: Himachal sets up helpline
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Monday set up a helpline after 24 students were washed away in Beas river, an official said.
The round-the-clock helpline (01905-223374) has been commenced at the superintendent of police`s office in Mandi town, a government spokesperson told IANS.
Five bodies of students have so far been found while the fate of 19 others who were washed away Sunday in the Beas river that saw a flash-flood after the release of water from a hydropower project is still not known, an official said.
At least 24 students, including six girls, of the V.N.R. Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology in Hyderabad, were reported missing after strong currents in the mighty Beas river washed them away.
The chances of survival of the students were bleak, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli