Model code violation by govt: BJP complains to EC
Shimla: The BJP on Thursday complained to EC that government had violated the Model Code of Conduct in Himachal Pradesh by going ahead with foundation laying and inauguration programmes.
Demanding action, BJP state unit secretary Trilok Jamwal in his complaint said an incomplete ESI Medical College and Hospital was inaugurated at Ner Chowk in Mandi by the Union Labour and Employment Minister Oscar Fernandes and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh yesterday after enforcement of the Model Code.
Moreover, red beacons were not removed from government vehicles and Deputy Commissioner, Mandi who is also the returning officer of Mandi Lok Sabha constituency was accompanying the Chief Minister in the inaugural function till noon.
The government helicopter was used by the Chief Minister and the Union Minister even after the Model Code came into force and transfers of employees were ordered, he alleged.
Similarly, Nadaun Spice Park was inaugurated by the Union Minister Anand Sharma through video-conferencing after the inauguration of ECI medical College, the BJP leader said and demanded action.
He also demanded that all transfers made after poll announcement should be cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead