Model code violation by govt: BJP complains to EC
Shimla: The BJP on Thursday complained to EC that government had violated the Model Code of Conduct in Himachal Pradesh by going ahead with foundation laying and inauguration programmes.
Demanding action, BJP state unit secretary Trilok Jamwal in his complaint said an incomplete ESI Medical College and Hospital was inaugurated at Ner Chowk in Mandi by the Union Labour and Employment Minister Oscar Fernandes and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh yesterday after enforcement of the Model Code.
Moreover, red beacons were not removed from government vehicles and Deputy Commissioner, Mandi who is also the returning officer of Mandi Lok Sabha constituency was accompanying the Chief Minister in the inaugural function till noon.
The government helicopter was used by the Chief Minister and the Union Minister even after the Model Code came into force and transfers of employees were ordered, he alleged.
Similarly, Nadaun Spice Park was inaugurated by the Union Minister Anand Sharma through video-conferencing after the inauguration of ECI medical College, the BJP leader said and demanded action.
He also demanded that all transfers made after poll announcement should be cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack