Moderate monsoon experienced in Himachal
Shimla: Monsoon remained moderate in Himachal Pradesh for the fourth day and several areas in mid and lower hills experienced moderate to heavy rains.
The state capital Shimla which was lashed by intermittent showers during the day?received 32 mm of rains while Baldwara and Kangra recorded 31 mm and 22 mm of rainfall followed by Karsog 16 mm, Bilaspur 15 mm, Naina Devi 10 mm, Dharamsala and Dharampur 9 mm and Mandi 7 mm.
People in the lower hills reeled under sultry heat as mercury rose marginally.
Una was hottest during the day with maximum temperature at 35 degrees Celsius while Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a high of 34.8 and 33 degrees Celsius respectively, followed by?Nahan 30, Solan 29.6, Dharamsala?28, Shimla 24.8 and Kalpa 24.2 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperatures rose by one to two degrees with Kalpa being coldest in the region at 12.4 degrees Celsius followed by Manali and Keylong at 13.9, Shimla 17.3, Dharamsala 18.4, Nahan 19.3 and Solan 2.5 degrees Celsius.
Una was hottest during the night with a minimum temperature of 24 degree Celsius followed by Sundernagar 23.7 and Bhuntar 21.3 degrees Celsius.
The rise in temperature has accelerated melting of snow in higher hills resulting in increase in discharge of water in snowfed Ravi, Beas and Sutlej rivers and their tributaries.
The Hydropower projects are utilising the optimal power generation due abundant quantity of water.
With monsoon likely to be more active from tomorrow, the local MeT office today warned of heavy to very heavy rains at isolated places in lower and mid hill during next 48 hours and heavy rains in the region over next four days up to July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt