Moderate rains in parts of HP
Shimla: Isolated areas of Himachal Pradesh received moderate showers today as monsoon remained weak while the day temperature rose marginally in the hilly state.
Una was the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 34.8 degree Celsius while Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a high of 33.0 deg C and 32.6 degree C, followed by Nahan 30.1 deg, Solan 29.5 deg, Dharamsala 28.2 deg, Shimla 24.9 deg and Kalpa 22.6 deg Celsius respectively.
Meanwhile, Kotkhai was the wettest in the region with 24 mm of rains, followed by Ghamroor 15 mm, Kasol and Jubber Hatti 13 mm, Baldwara 11 mm, Mandi and Gohar 10 mm and Baijnath 8 mm respectively.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thundershowers at many places over the next one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir