Moderate rains in parts of HP
Shimla: Isolated areas of Himachal Pradesh received moderate showers today as monsoon remained weak while the day temperature rose marginally in the hilly state.
Una was the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 34.8 degree Celsius while Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a high of 33.0 deg C and 32.6 degree C, followed by Nahan 30.1 deg, Solan 29.5 deg, Dharamsala 28.2 deg, Shimla 24.9 deg and Kalpa 22.6 deg Celsius respectively.
Meanwhile, Kotkhai was the wettest in the region with 24 mm of rains, followed by Ghamroor 15 mm, Kasol and Jubber Hatti 13 mm, Baldwara 11 mm, Mandi and Gohar 10 mm and Baijnath 8 mm respectively.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thundershowers at many places over the next one week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice