Moderate snowfall makes temperatures drop in HP
Shimla: Another spell of moderate snowfall in high altitude tribal areas of Himachal Pradesh further dropped the minimum temperatures in the state, even as mainly dry weather was experienced on Friday.
Recent heavy snowfall and subsequent cold wave is still keeping life out of gear in some parts of the state.
Minimum temperature dropped by nine degree at Keylong to stand at minus 12.4 degree while Kalpa and Manali recorded a low of minus 4.5 degree and minus 3.0 degree, followed by Sundernagar?1. 4 degree, Bhuntar 2.0 degree, Solan 3.0 degree, Shimla 4.0 degree, Palamour 4.5 degree, Dharamsala 5.0 degree and Una and Nahan 5.2 degree Celcius.
Meanwhile Hindustan Tibet National Highway which was closed due to snowfall yesterday was opened for traffic today while other roads in the interiors of Shimla district were also opened.
State chopper made four sorties barring Rawa, Sisoo, Tandi and Stingri helipads and evacuated nearly 50 people.
Deputy Commissioner Kinnaur JM Pathania said that National highway was open to vehicular traffic up to Sangla but it was closed beyond Raksham and Chitkul.
Local link roads to Asrang and Morang areas of this tribal district were cleared upto Lipa and Naisung, respectively and snow clearing operation were on in other snowbound areas.
The sky remained overcast in Shimla and surrounding areas and light rains accompanied by icy winds lashed the region.
However, Maximum temperatures rose by few notches and Una and Sundernagar recorded a high of 21.8 degree and 20.9 degree, followed by Bhuntar 19.6 degree, Solan and Nahan 17.6 degree, Dharamsala 15.4 degree and Shimla 12.3 degree C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says