Monsoon may hit Himachal Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: The southwest monsoon may hit Himachal Pradesh with chances of moderate to heavy rainfall from July 1-3.
In a statement, the meteorological office, however, said that rainfall remained 45 percent deficient in the state in this month.
The weather bureau added Shimla, Solan, Sirmaur, Kangra, Una, Kullu and Mandi districts might experience heavy rain at some places during this period.
The monsoon normally hits the state by June 27.
Last year, the monsoon reached the state on June 15 and rainfall during that season was seven percent deficient.
"The overall rainfall was 45 percent below average in the state this June," a weather department official told a news agency.
He said except Solan and Una districts, all other 10 districts saw deficient rainfall.
"On an average the maximum temperature during the first fortnight of this month was three-four degrees above average. But in the last fortnight it was normal," he added.
Himachal Pradesh`s agriculture and horticulture-based economy is highly dependent on the monsoon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why