Monsoon may hit Himachal Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: The southwest monsoon may hit Himachal Pradesh with chances of moderate to heavy rainfall from July 1-3.
In a statement, the meteorological office, however, said that rainfall remained 45 percent deficient in the state in this month.
The weather bureau added Shimla, Solan, Sirmaur, Kangra, Una, Kullu and Mandi districts might experience heavy rain at some places during this period.
The monsoon normally hits the state by June 27.
Last year, the monsoon reached the state on June 15 and rainfall during that season was seven percent deficient.
"The overall rainfall was 45 percent below average in the state this June," a weather department official told a news agency.
He said except Solan and Una districts, all other 10 districts saw deficient rainfall.
"On an average the maximum temperature during the first fortnight of this month was three-four degrees above average. But in the last fortnight it was normal," he added.
Himachal Pradesh`s agriculture and horticulture-based economy is highly dependent on the monsoon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan