More snow in Himachal, cold wave continues
Shimla: The cold continued to grip Himachal Pradesh on Saturday with the higher reaches experiencing more snow.
The weather office here has forecast even more snow till Sunday.
The `Queen of the Hills` as Shimla was fondly called by the British, recorded a low of 2.5 degrees Celsius. The town saw seven centimetres of snow on Friday.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur and Chamba districts have experienced light to moderate snowfall since Friday," said a weather department official.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state where the night temperature was 4.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded 1.2 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius, while it was minus 0.8 degree Celsius in Manali, also wrapped in thick white blanket, and 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Salooni in Chamba district experienced seven centimetres of snow till Saturday morning.
Weather officials said popular tourist spots near Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda and Dalhousie in Chamba district still have good snow cover and would stay so for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’