More snow in Himachal, cold wave continues
Shimla: The cold continued to grip Himachal Pradesh on Saturday with the higher reaches experiencing more snow.
The weather office here has forecast even more snow till Sunday.
The `Queen of the Hills` as Shimla was fondly called by the British, recorded a low of 2.5 degrees Celsius. The town saw seven centimetres of snow on Friday.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur and Chamba districts have experienced light to moderate snowfall since Friday," said a weather department official.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state where the night temperature was 4.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded 1.2 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius, while it was minus 0.8 degree Celsius in Manali, also wrapped in thick white blanket, and 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Salooni in Chamba district experienced seven centimetres of snow till Saturday morning.
Weather officials said popular tourist spots near Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda and Dalhousie in Chamba district still have good snow cover and would stay so for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight