More snow in Himachal, cold wave continues
Shimla: The cold continued to grip Himachal Pradesh on Saturday with the higher reaches experiencing more snow.
The weather office here has forecast even more snow till Sunday.
The `Queen of the Hills` as Shimla was fondly called by the British, recorded a low of 2.5 degrees Celsius. The town saw seven centimetres of snow on Friday.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur and Chamba districts have experienced light to moderate snowfall since Friday," said a weather department official.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state where the night temperature was 4.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded 1.2 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius, while it was minus 0.8 degree Celsius in Manali, also wrapped in thick white blanket, and 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Salooni in Chamba district experienced seven centimetres of snow till Saturday morning.
Weather officials said popular tourist spots near Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda and Dalhousie in Chamba district still have good snow cover and would stay so for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them