More snow in Himachal, cold wave continues
Shimla: The cold continued to grip Himachal Pradesh on Saturday with the higher reaches experiencing more snow.
The weather office here has forecast even more snow till Sunday.
The `Queen of the Hills` as Shimla was fondly called by the British, recorded a low of 2.5 degrees Celsius. The town saw seven centimetres of snow on Friday.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur and Chamba districts have experienced light to moderate snowfall since Friday," said a weather department official.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state where the night temperature was 4.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded 1.2 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius, while it was minus 0.8 degree Celsius in Manali, also wrapped in thick white blanket, and 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Salooni in Chamba district experienced seven centimetres of snow till Saturday morning.
Weather officials said popular tourist spots near Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda and Dalhousie in Chamba district still have good snow cover and would stay so for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard