More snow in Himachal, cold wave continues
Shimla: The cold continued to grip Himachal Pradesh on Saturday with the higher reaches experiencing more snow.
The weather office here has forecast even more snow till Sunday.
The `Queen of the Hills` as Shimla was fondly called by the British, recorded a low of 2.5 degrees Celsius. The town saw seven centimetres of snow on Friday.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur and Chamba districts have experienced light to moderate snowfall since Friday," said a weather department official.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest place in the state where the night temperature was 4.1 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which recorded 1.2 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius, while it was minus 0.8 degree Celsius in Manali, also wrapped in thick white blanket, and 5.2 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Salooni in Chamba district experienced seven centimetres of snow till Saturday morning.
Weather officials said popular tourist spots near Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda and Dalhousie in Chamba district still have good snow cover and would stay so for the next few days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket