MP PMT scam: Shimla CBI unit seeks info on students of GRMC
Gwalior: The ambit of ongoing probe into the alleged Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in Madhya Pradesh may become wider with the Shimla unit of CBI seeking details of certain medical students and graduates of the city-based Gajra Raje Medical College (GRMC).
A communique by the Deputy Superintendent of CBI, Shimla, N K Thakur, seeking details of certain graduates of 2003-04 batch and of all the MBBS pass outs of 2009-10 batch, was received at the office of the Dean, GRMC, on Friday, GRMC Dean Dr G S Patel said here today.
He said the communique was, however, silent on whether the CBI was going to conduct any investigation in connection with the case.
Patel said that CBI has also sought details of four GRMC pass outs, namely Gaurav Gupta, Rahul Yadav, Shubham Lavania and Neha Jain -- all from 2003-04 batch, besides the list of MBBS pass outs of 2009-10 batch.
"The specific details of students, like (information about their) admission, mark-sheets, allotment letters etc were sought by the Shimla unit of CBI. But we do not know anything more than this," Patel said.
The GRMC was told to file its reply within a week but we sent the reply to the CBI on Saturday, he said.
Under the alleged scam, which came to light in July last year, admissions were secured by certain students in various medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh, through unfair practises.
The scam took place with alleged connivance of Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) key officials directly associated with conducting the examination, few doctors and middlemen.
Rattled by the scandal, the state government has cancelled scores of admissions of students who cleared PMT by allegedly adopting unfair means, including mass copying.
Madhya Pradesh Special Task Force which is probing the case had arrested in recent past over 100 students from various districts, for allegedly clearing the PMT through unfair means.
The top officials of MPPEB were already arrested by the STF since the scam surfaced in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why