MP PMT scam: Shimla CBI unit seeks info on students of GRMC
Gwalior: The ambit of ongoing probe into the alleged Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in Madhya Pradesh may become wider with the Shimla unit of CBI seeking details of certain medical students and graduates of the city-based Gajra Raje Medical College (GRMC).
A communique by the Deputy Superintendent of CBI, Shimla, N K Thakur, seeking details of certain graduates of 2003-04 batch and of all the MBBS pass outs of 2009-10 batch, was received at the office of the Dean, GRMC, on Friday, GRMC Dean Dr G S Patel said here today.
He said the communique was, however, silent on whether the CBI was going to conduct any investigation in connection with the case.
Patel said that CBI has also sought details of four GRMC pass outs, namely Gaurav Gupta, Rahul Yadav, Shubham Lavania and Neha Jain -- all from 2003-04 batch, besides the list of MBBS pass outs of 2009-10 batch.
"The specific details of students, like (information about their) admission, mark-sheets, allotment letters etc were sought by the Shimla unit of CBI. But we do not know anything more than this," Patel said.
The GRMC was told to file its reply within a week but we sent the reply to the CBI on Saturday, he said.
Under the alleged scam, which came to light in July last year, admissions were secured by certain students in various medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh, through unfair practises.
The scam took place with alleged connivance of Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) key officials directly associated with conducting the examination, few doctors and middlemen.
Rattled by the scandal, the state government has cancelled scores of admissions of students who cleared PMT by allegedly adopting unfair means, including mass copying.
Madhya Pradesh Special Task Force which is probing the case had arrested in recent past over 100 students from various districts, for allegedly clearing the PMT through unfair means.
The top officials of MPPEB were already arrested by the STF since the scam surfaced in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued