My fight is only for ousting the corrupt BJP govt: Virbhadra
Shimla: Sulking Congress leader Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said that his only aim was to oust the corrupt BJP government and he was not concerned about his own future as he shared the dais with other party stalwarts in Himachal Pradesh.
"My fight is only for ousting the corrupt BJP government and I am not concerned about myself," he said while addressing the "Parivartan rally" at Una.
The Congress was sure to win the assembly polls provided that the selection of candidates was proper and dedicated workers were given tickets, he said.
Singh has been kept out of a party`s candidate screening committee for the coming polls and had expressed his unhappiness over formation of Congress committees for selection of candidates for coming assembly polls.
At the rally today, AICC general secretary and incharge of Himachal Chowdhary Birender Singh showered praise on the former chief minister saying he had done a lot a during last 50 years.
"Virbhadra Singh is strength of Congress and Congress party is his strength," he said.
Virbhadra Singh, who has been involved in a public spat with state unit President Kaul Singh Thakur, had said he will not quit Congress or join or float a party and prefer to quit politics in case the issues raised by him are not addressed.
Thakur, who also addressed the rally, alleged that the present BJP government has crossed all limits of corruption.
"The state government was taking credit for the central schemes aand misleading the people by claiming these to be state sponsored schemes," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister