My fight is only for ousting the corrupt BJP govt: Virbhadra
Shimla: Sulking Congress leader Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said that his only aim was to oust the corrupt BJP government and he was not concerned about his own future as he shared the dais with other party stalwarts in Himachal Pradesh.
"My fight is only for ousting the corrupt BJP government and I am not concerned about myself," he said while addressing the "Parivartan rally" at Una.
The Congress was sure to win the assembly polls provided that the selection of candidates was proper and dedicated workers were given tickets, he said.
Singh has been kept out of a party`s candidate screening committee for the coming polls and had expressed his unhappiness over formation of Congress committees for selection of candidates for coming assembly polls.
At the rally today, AICC general secretary and incharge of Himachal Chowdhary Birender Singh showered praise on the former chief minister saying he had done a lot a during last 50 years.
"Virbhadra Singh is strength of Congress and Congress party is his strength," he said.
Virbhadra Singh, who has been involved in a public spat with state unit President Kaul Singh Thakur, had said he will not quit Congress or join or float a party and prefer to quit politics in case the issues raised by him are not addressed.
Thakur, who also addressed the rally, alleged that the present BJP government has crossed all limits of corruption.
"The state government was taking credit for the central schemes aand misleading the people by claiming these to be state sponsored schemes," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'