Narendra Modi campaigns in Himachal Pradesh, mocks PM as `Maun-mohan`
Mandi: Raising the campaign heat in the wake of upcoming Assembly Elections in Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hit out directly at PM Manmohan Singh, calling him “Maun-mohan Singh”.
The Gujarat CM further slammed the UPA government’s “insensitivity towards aam aadmi”.
Addressing an election rally in Mandi district, Modi started by mocking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who had yesterday addressed a rally at Una district in Himachal Pradesh.
Modi said, “Today’s biggest news is that ‘Maun-mohan’ Singh broke his maun (silence)”.
Modi was referring to PM’s Sunday campaign rally in Una district, where he had slammed the BJP, saying that the saffron party has not done much for the state.
“In last eight years whatever development work has taken place here is all due to the financial support provided by the UPA government”, PM had said.
Slamming the UPA government for inflation and cap on LPG cylinders, Modi came down heavily upon Congress, saying, “Has the PM said a single word about price rise? Shouldn’t he apologise?”
Slamming the limit on LPG cylinders, Modi blamed the UPA government for “snatching the cylinders” from aam aadmi and reasoned that “in a cold state like Himachal Pradesh, one needs to heat the food items again and again” which further increases the need for subsidised gas cylinders.
Hailing Himachal CM Prem Kumar Dhumal, Modi said that had he been a Himachal resident, he would have voted for Modi.
“Dhumal ji has done a wonderful job by promising free chulhas (gas ovens) for its people… this chulha will burn the Congress party to ashes”, Modi roared.
Citing the example of Gujarat which he said was “a role model for development”, Modi said Himachal Pradesh too will shine like Gujarat if people voted for the BJP.
“I pray to the people of Himachal Pradesh to choose the BJP, and I promise as much development here as in Gujarat. Himachal Pradesh too can show the same development that Gujarat has shown”, Narendra Modi said.
Modi didn’t spare the newly-appointed Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid, saying that the Congress promoted Khurshid despite the allegations of corruption against him.
“The country was seething in anger after the allegations against Salman Khurshid...but he got a promotion”, Narendra Modi said.
Even though his own state is scheduled to go to polls next month, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today joined Himachal Pradesh election campaign.
Yesterday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh started the Himachal Pradesh campaign.
Having completed the first stage of campaign in his very own poll-bound state Gujarat, Modi is in Himachal to raise the election campaign pitch, as he has in past been instrumental behind the rise of PK Dhumal in Himachal in late nineties.
Himachal Pradesh is set to go to the polls on November 04 for 68 Assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in