Narendra Modi factor will not work in Himachal: Virbhadra Singh
Shimla: Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said Congress will win all the four Lok Sabha seats of Himachal Pradesh as Narendra Modi will fail to change the fortunes of BJP in the hill state.
"I personally respect Modi but as far as elections are concerned he will have no impact in Himachal Pradesh. Modi was earlier the BJP in-charge for the state but his presence failed to guide the party to win," he said.
Singh urged party workers to inform and educate people about pro-people Programmes like Rajiv Ann Yojana, MNREGA, RTI and Land acquisition Act as these would help the party win mass support.
Congress ousted the BJP government from the state during last assembly polls, won the Mandi Parliamentary by-election with huge margin and now it was all set to sweep the Lok Sabha polls, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!