Narendra Modi’s `Parivartan rally` in Himachal Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address Parivartan Rally in Sujanpur town of Hamirpur district in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday.
This is his first visit to Himachal Pradesh after being announced as BJP’s candidate for Prime Minister in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place for BJP`s PM candidate`s rally, which is expected to be attended by over 2 lakh people.
IGP, Mandi Zone, PL Thakur informed reporters, “Around 1,000 security personnel have been deployed to ensure peaceful conduct of the rally, and I am personally taking care of the security arrangements at the rally venue.”
A team of senior officers of the Gujarat police, including an IGP and thirteen IPS officers, visited Sujanpur Tira and inspected the venue of the rally and other arrangements.
Meanwhile, Hamirpur SP, Veena Bharti said, “All officials associated with the rally and media persons would be given passes and no one would be allowed to enter the venue without a valid entry pass.”
“We have chosen Sujanpur for the rally as this is the biggest ground in the state to accommodate the crowds on Sunday,” said a BJP spokesman, adding that it would be the biggest ever rally held in Himachal which would set the tone for Lok Sabha poll.
BJP lost its prominence in Hamirpur after one its top leaders Rajinder Singh Rana revolted against the party and won the 2012 assembly poll as an Independent from Sujanpur. Rana is among the front-runners for Congress ticket from Hamirpur Lok Sabha seat challenging sitting MP, Anurag Thakur, son of former Chief Minister PK Dhumal.
By holding Modi’s rally in Sujanpur, BJP is trying to demonstrate that it has not lost ground in the home district of Dhumal but Rana claimed that the BJP’s move only exposed that it was feeling threatened even in its stronghold.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune