Narendra Modi’s `Parivartan rally` in Himachal Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address Parivartan Rally in Sujanpur town of Hamirpur district in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday.
This is his first visit to Himachal Pradesh after being announced as BJP’s candidate for Prime Minister in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place for BJP`s PM candidate`s rally, which is expected to be attended by over 2 lakh people.
IGP, Mandi Zone, PL Thakur informed reporters, “Around 1,000 security personnel have been deployed to ensure peaceful conduct of the rally, and I am personally taking care of the security arrangements at the rally venue.”
A team of senior officers of the Gujarat police, including an IGP and thirteen IPS officers, visited Sujanpur Tira and inspected the venue of the rally and other arrangements.
Meanwhile, Hamirpur SP, Veena Bharti said, “All officials associated with the rally and media persons would be given passes and no one would be allowed to enter the venue without a valid entry pass.”
“We have chosen Sujanpur for the rally as this is the biggest ground in the state to accommodate the crowds on Sunday,” said a BJP spokesman, adding that it would be the biggest ever rally held in Himachal which would set the tone for Lok Sabha poll.
BJP lost its prominence in Hamirpur after one its top leaders Rajinder Singh Rana revolted against the party and won the 2012 assembly poll as an Independent from Sujanpur. Rana is among the front-runners for Congress ticket from Hamirpur Lok Sabha seat challenging sitting MP, Anurag Thakur, son of former Chief Minister PK Dhumal.
By holding Modi’s rally in Sujanpur, BJP is trying to demonstrate that it has not lost ground in the home district of Dhumal but Rana claimed that the BJP’s move only exposed that it was feeling threatened even in its stronghold.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings