National highways reopened in Himachal
Shimla: The Hindustan-Tibet National Highway and Manali-Leh National Highway, which were blocked due to landslides and road breaches following intermittent rains in Himachal Pradesh, were reopened for traffic on Saturday even as parts of the state received moderate rains.
The blockade near Nathpa caused by rock slides on Thursday night was removed this evening after the debris were cleared while the Manali-Leh road, which was closed for the past five
days due to sinking of a stretch of the road near Rohtang
Pass, was also opened today, official sources said.
A large number of vehicles, including tourist vehicles
stranded at various places, left for their destinations.
Meanwhile, NH-88 was blocked due to road widening work
near Kalihati, about 35 km from here, and traffic was diverted
via Dhami. However, the road was opened in the evening but
traffic remained disrupted due to the work in progress.
Nahan in Sirmaur district was wettest in the region with
30 mm of rains followed by the tourist resort of Kasauli (29
mm), Kheri (22 mm), Paonta (16 mm), Baijnath and Renuka (12 mm
each) and Manali (11 mm).
The temperature remained steady in the region with the
state capital Shimla recording minimum and maximum
temperatures at 15.6 degree C and 25 degree C, Sundernagar
20.2 degree and 30.8 degree, Bhuntar 16.4 degrees and 32.9
degrees, Dharamsala 18.7 degrees and 27.8 degrees, Una 22
degrees and 34.8 degree.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister