Nepali gets death for killing parents in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: A 25-year-old Nepali who stripped his elderly parents before brutally murdering them has been sentenced to death by a court here.
"The incident was inhumane in its form besides being a highly brutal act of crime," Sessions Judge Baldev Singh said on Wednesday while sentencing Om Parkash to death.
"The case falls in the rarest of rare cases," the court said.
The crime took place in January 2012 in Kotkhai area in Shimla district. Parkash murdered his parents, who were working in an orchard, in the presence of his wife and sister-in-law.
The prosecution said that after murdering Man Bhadhur, 60, and his wife Parwati, 56, in his house, the convict dumped the bodies in a room.
He locked his wife and his sister-in-law, both witnesses, in the house.
The incident came to light after two days of the crime when police broke down the door of the house and found the mutilated bodies lying in a pool of blood.
The convict`s wife and sister-in-law, who were in trauma, were sitting in a room.
The court said it was convinced that "the accused has done a heinous crime with high degree of brutalities".
It said he first stripped his father naked, chopped his private parts and beat him up mercilessly before his murder. He didn`t spare his mother, who was also stripped.
The court, which did not find any motive behind the crime, ordered that the accused be hanged till death. A fine of Rs 5,000 was also imposed on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses