New Chief Justice for Himachal High Court
New Delhi: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was on Wednesday appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Before his new posting, Justice Khanwilkar was a judge of the Bombay High Court.
With his appointment, the number of judges in the Himachal Pradesh High Court has risen to ten.
Justice R B Misra was so far the acting Chief Justice of that High Court.
Justice Khanwilkar (55) had enrolled as an advocate in February 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before subordinate courts, tribunals and the Bombay High Court.
He was appointed an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in March, 2000 and confirmed as a permanent Judge in April, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez