New Chief Justice for Himachal High Court
New Delhi: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was on Wednesday appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Before his new posting, Justice Khanwilkar was a judge of the Bombay High Court.
With his appointment, the number of judges in the Himachal Pradesh High Court has risen to ten.
Justice R B Misra was so far the acting Chief Justice of that High Court.
Justice Khanwilkar (55) had enrolled as an advocate in February 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before subordinate courts, tribunals and the Bombay High Court.
He was appointed an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in March, 2000 and confirmed as a permanent Judge in April, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video