New Chief Justice for Himachal High Court
New Delhi: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was on Wednesday appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Before his new posting, Justice Khanwilkar was a judge of the Bombay High Court.
With his appointment, the number of judges in the Himachal Pradesh High Court has risen to ten.
Justice R B Misra was so far the acting Chief Justice of that High Court.
Justice Khanwilkar (55) had enrolled as an advocate in February 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before subordinate courts, tribunals and the Bombay High Court.
He was appointed an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in March, 2000 and confirmed as a permanent Judge in April, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'