New Chief Justice for Himachal High Court
New Delhi: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was on Wednesday appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Before his new posting, Justice Khanwilkar was a judge of the Bombay High Court.
With his appointment, the number of judges in the Himachal Pradesh High Court has risen to ten.
Justice R B Misra was so far the acting Chief Justice of that High Court.
Justice Khanwilkar (55) had enrolled as an advocate in February 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before subordinate courts, tribunals and the Bombay High Court.
He was appointed an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in March, 2000 and confirmed as a permanent Judge in April, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested