New Chief Justice for Himachal High Court
New Delhi: Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar was on Wednesday appointed as the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
Before his new posting, Justice Khanwilkar was a judge of the Bombay High Court.
With his appointment, the number of judges in the Himachal Pradesh High Court has risen to ten.
Justice R B Misra was so far the acting Chief Justice of that High Court.
Justice Khanwilkar (55) had enrolled as an advocate in February 1982 and handled civil, criminal and Constitutional matters before subordinate courts, tribunals and the Bombay High Court.
He was appointed an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court in March, 2000 and confirmed as a permanent Judge in April, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi