New Tibetan PM in exile to take oath on Aug 8
Dharamsala: Prime Minister-elect of Tibetan
government in Exile, Lobsang Sangay, will take oath of office
on August 8 at MecLeoadganj near here, an official said on Tuesday.
The oath taking ceremony will be held at 8:30 am at the
central courtyard of the Tsuglagkhang, opposite the Office of
the Dalai Lama. 43-year-old Lobsang succeeds Samdhong Rinpoche
as Kalon Tripa.
The oath will be administered by Ngawang Phelgyal, the
Chief Justice Commissioner, in the presence of Dalai Lama, who
will also address the function, PRO of Tibetan central
administration Lobsang Choedak said.
The new Kalon Tripa will be the first to take charge of
the office after the Tibetan Parliament amended its charter to
divest the Dalai Lama of his political role and transfer his
functions to the elected members.
Lobsang was chosen in the third direct elections for the
Kalon Tripa held on March 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO