`No Infiltration in Himachal, yet Army is vigilant`
Dharamsala: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Friday said there was no infiltration in Himachal Pradesh although the Chief Minister of the state reported about the sighting of few Chinese helicopters in the area.
"The Army is, however, keeping an eye on it", assured Gen Singh talking to PTI here.
The Himachal Pradesh chief minister had informed the assembly on March 23 last about the sighting of few Chinese helicopters in the area and had written a letter to the Prime Minister on March 25 apprising him about it.
To a query if he would join politics after his retirement, Gen Singh said that he had not yet decided on it though all options were open.
Earlier addressing a rally of ex-servicemen here, the Chief of Army said, "there is no hitch to provide The One Pension, One Rank to the army men as the Defence Minister is in its favour and the total amount needed for this was Rs 1300 crore. A decision on it may come within a few months".
Appreciating the 12 Corps in Rajasthan for doing a good job in rectifying the problems in the ex-servicemen receiving their pension, Gen Singh said, Rs 22 crore was paid to pensioners as arrear.
Stating the year is being celebrated as the `ex- servicemen year`, the Army chief assured that the army will rectify all the problems of its old soldiers and that a toll free service had been launched with phone number 1800116644 attended by a retired Brigadier.
He also said that the Army Welfare Placement organisation was being strengthened for quick reemployment. There are three such centres working in Himachal at Yol, Shimla and Subhathu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof