No let-up in cold wave in Himachal
Shimla: There was no let-up in biting cold wave conditions in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures in tribal areas and other higher reaches further plummeted by three to five degrees.
The minimum temperatures dropped to -8.4 deg and -4.5 deg at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts respectively.
Manali recorded a low of -2.5 deg, four degrees below normal, while Shimla was cold at 2.3 deg C. Solan recorded 3 deg C, Palampur 3.5 deg C, Bhuntar 4.6 deg C, Una 7 deg C and Sundernagar 7.3 deg C.
Una too recorded minimum temperature five degrees below normal at 5 deg C, MeT department said.
Weather remained dry in most parts of the state and some places had moderate rains. Dalhousie was wettest in the region with 20 mm of rain, followed by Sundernagar and Karsog 9 mm each, Mandi 8 mm, Kufri 7 mm and Jubbarhatti 6 mm.
Una was hottest during the day with maximum of 22.2 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 20.5 deg and 20.2 deg, followed by Dharamsala 19.8 deg, Nahan 17.8 deg, Solan 16.8 deg, Shimla 11.7 deg and Kalpa 3.8 deg C.
Meanwhile, four persons trapped in snow between Karchham and Sangla in tribal Kinnaur district have been rescued and efforts were on to fully restore the power supply in the district.
The local MeT office has predicted dry and windy weather in mid and lower hills during next 48 hours and rains or snow at some places in tribal and other high altitude areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh