No let-up in cold wave in Himachal
Shimla: There was no let-up in biting cold wave conditions in Himachal Pradesh as minimum temperatures in tribal areas and other higher reaches further plummeted by three to five degrees.
The minimum temperatures dropped to -8.4 deg and -4.5 deg at Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts respectively.
Manali recorded a low of -2.5 deg, four degrees below normal, while Shimla was cold at 2.3 deg C. Solan recorded 3 deg C, Palampur 3.5 deg C, Bhuntar 4.6 deg C, Una 7 deg C and Sundernagar 7.3 deg C.
Una too recorded minimum temperature five degrees below normal at 5 deg C, MeT department said.
Weather remained dry in most parts of the state and some places had moderate rains. Dalhousie was wettest in the region with 20 mm of rain, followed by Sundernagar and Karsog 9 mm each, Mandi 8 mm, Kufri 7 mm and Jubbarhatti 6 mm.
Una was hottest during the day with maximum of 22.2 deg C while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 20.5 deg and 20.2 deg, followed by Dharamsala 19.8 deg, Nahan 17.8 deg, Solan 16.8 deg, Shimla 11.7 deg and Kalpa 3.8 deg C.
Meanwhile, four persons trapped in snow between Karchham and Sangla in tribal Kinnaur district have been rescued and efforts were on to fully restore the power supply in the district.
The local MeT office has predicted dry and windy weather in mid and lower hills during next 48 hours and rains or snow at some places in tribal and other high altitude areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast