No respite from biting cold wave conditions in HP
Shimla: The tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal reeled under bone chilling cold conditions as mercury stayed several notches below the freezing point while day temperatures rose by few degrees across the state.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur shivered at minimum temperatures dipping to minus 14.5 degrees Celsius and minus 7.0 degrees C while maximum temperatures also remained below freezing point at minus 0.6 degrees and zero degrees, six degrees below normal.
Key tourist resort of Manali recorded a low of minus 4.0 degrees C, three degrees below normal.
The high altitude areas groaned under biting cold wave conditions with minimum temperatures ranging between minus 16 and minus 28 degrees C and Kaza recorded a low of minus 21 degrees C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.2 degrees C while Sundernagar shivered at 2.0 degrees, followed by Solan 3.0 degrees, Shimla 4.3 degrees, two to three degrees below normal.
However, maximum day temperatures rose in lower hills with Una and Sundernagar recording a high of 24.8 degrees C and 23.3 degrees C, followed by Solan 21.0 degrees, Nahan 19.8 degree, Dharamsala 19.4 degree, Shimla 16.5 degree and Kalpa -1.8 degree, two to six degree above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather for next few days with clear sky and marginal improvement in minimum temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof