No respite from biting cold wave conditions in HP
Shimla: The tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal reeled under bone chilling cold conditions as mercury stayed several notches below the freezing point while day temperatures rose by few degrees across the state.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur shivered at minimum temperatures dipping to minus 14.5 degrees Celsius and minus 7.0 degrees C while maximum temperatures also remained below freezing point at minus 0.6 degrees and zero degrees, six degrees below normal.
Key tourist resort of Manali recorded a low of minus 4.0 degrees C, three degrees below normal.
The high altitude areas groaned under biting cold wave conditions with minimum temperatures ranging between minus 16 and minus 28 degrees C and Kaza recorded a low of minus 21 degrees C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at minus 0.2 degrees C while Sundernagar shivered at 2.0 degrees, followed by Solan 3.0 degrees, Shimla 4.3 degrees, two to three degrees below normal.
However, maximum day temperatures rose in lower hills with Una and Sundernagar recording a high of 24.8 degrees C and 23.3 degrees C, followed by Solan 21.0 degrees, Nahan 19.8 degree, Dharamsala 19.4 degree, Shimla 16.5 degree and Kalpa -1.8 degree, two to six degree above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather for next few days with clear sky and marginal improvement in minimum temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what