No respite from piercing cold wave conditions in Himachal
Shimla: The intense cold wave conditions continued unabated in Himachal Pradesh as the maximum day temperature dropped by three to five degrees and icy winds swept the region and sky remained heavily overcast.
Shimla and its surrounding areas had traces of rains and snowflakes even as local MeT office issued fresh warning of heavy to very heavy rains at isolated places during the next 24 hours and rains and snow at many places on January 23.
The region witnessed a clear sky in the morning but thick clouds covered as the day advanced and chilly winds swept the region.
The minimum temperatures rose marginally but people in high altitude tribal areas had no respite from biting cold wave conditions as mercury stood at 15 to 25 degree below the freezing point.
Bharnaur recorded minimum temperature at minus 9.0 degree Celsius, while Keylong and Kalpa in the tribal belt recorded a low of ?minus 7.9 degree and minus 1.6 degree, a rise of two degree since yesterday. Manali recorded a low of 0.6 degree.
Solan recorded minimum temperature at 3.0 degree while Bhuntar recorded a low of 3.4 degree, followed by Una and Sundernagar 3.6 degree, Shimla 4.0 degree, Palampur 6.0 degree and Dharamsala 6.4 degree C.
Maximum temperatures dropped sharply due to clouded sky and strong winds sweeping the region and Una recorded high of 18.3 degree while Nahan recorded a high of 16.5 degree, against 19.5 degree yesterday.
Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded maximum temperatures at 14.4 degree and 13.9 degree against 20.9 degree and 17.6 degree yesterday, while Shimla and Solan recorded maximum temperatures at 14.0 degree, followed by Manali 12.0 degree and Kalpa 3.6 degree C.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy to very heavy snowfall at isolated places during the next 24 hours, and rains and snow at many places on January 23 as an induced cyclonic circulation extending up to 0.9 Km lies over Rajasthan and its neighbouring regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues